This morning, the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture announced plans for a new project called Nexus Square.
Nexus Square is a proposed collaboration between the Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture (The Alliance) and The State of Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT).
The 12-acre median near the Attebury grain elevators at Kell Blvd has the potential to transform our city by creating a space where artists, families, school children and visitors can engage with artists and art in an outdoor public art sculpture garden.
The Nexus Project activities will cover five major community development areas:
- Animation of an area near downtown
- Create a stimulus for renewed interest in investing in the downtown core of the city
- Employ artists and arts educators through commissions of large-scale temporary public art
- Provide an appealing space for neighbors to re-connect, see a performance or just walk the heritage path
- Create a new destination for tourists and visitors
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE:
The Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture exists to be of service to the artists and arts organizations in Wichita Falls so that their work is made visible to every person in our community and to those who visit.
For more information on Nexus Square, please contact The Wichita Falls Alliance for Arts and Culture by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (940) 500-4451.